Top Social

Oh, How Pinteresting!

9/30/2011
It has been a very slow start to the year!  As I mentioned in a previous post, almost everything I created or planned over the summer doesn't work for my students needs this year so it's back to the drawing board!  I have to say that without all of you and your ideas, my room would not be running as smoothly as it is.  Today was day 14 of school but between 3 flood days, 5 RtI meets and 2 CSE meetings, I am just starting to actually teach! Since my students haven't finished anything worth sharing yet, I figured I'd post about my favorite pinterest finds.  

My district created a writing rubric for all elementary teachers to use to score students writing.  They can score a 1, 2, 3 or 4.  Our new report cards are now done the same way - no more a's or 83's, now students are receiving a 4 (exceeds expectations), 3 (meets expectations), 2 (progressing), 1 (struggling)...anyways I found this student friendly rubric that I will definitely be making in the near future.  
Pinned Image

I made guided reading sticks over the summer and I plan on using them with my 5th graders.  My 3rd graders need more scaffolding.  I love these thinking clouds because they provide sentence starters for the kids.  
Pinned Image

My students have a hard time editing their writing.  Editing practice can be really boring and time consuming when I only have 30 minutes with the kids.  I love these editing practice pages because they cover the basic mistakes that I want my students to look for and they are quick.
Pinned Image

Last years state math test was almost all word problems.  Needless to say, our focus in math this year is problem solving.  My students tend to give up when given a challenging problem so any incentives to keep them motivated are welcome!  I love that this little award specifically mentions problem solving. 
Pinned Image

Click on the pictures to be directed to the source.  I'm off to write lessons for next week so that when I wake up tomorrow I have nothing school related to do! 

Enjoy your weekend!
-Becky
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!