Top Social

Oh, hello fall!

9/15/2011
I woke up today and discovered that fall was here.  All the leaves were starting to changing color and the temperature dropped.  Yesterday, I was sweating to death in  my classroom and today it's 50 degrees!  I'm very excited for pumpkin carving, apple picking, corn mazes, and pumpkin spice lattes!!

This week has been crazy and it's only the 4th day!  The giant flood really drained everyones energy.  Many people were either cleaning their own homes or someone elses.  Our basement carpet got wet from water seeping up through the ground so we have been moving everything to the second floor so that we can rip out the carpet.  Most people lost power and had no food left at home.  We have a boil water advisory which means our water isn't safe to drink, brush your teeth with, or cook with unless it has boiled for 2 minutes.  All of everyones energy this week went into flood clean up, grocery shopping, and mundane tasks that now take twice as long.  Tomorrow is an RtI (response to intervention) day where we will split up all the students who failed state tests so they can recieve services as well.  That means that my currently perfect schedule will be mixed around and I will have more students before I can get a handle on my current ones.  On the bright side, my running records are done for all of my IEP kids, tomorrow is Friday, I have the weekend to start planning, and the teaching blog expo is Saturday! 

In my next few posts, I will share with you my At-a-Glance sheets (IEP cheat sheets), long range planning guides and some other special ed related things.  For now, I'm going to go eat dinner and catch up on some work. 

I mentioned in my last post that I would find out who is taking flood-relief donations.  If anyone felt compelled to make a donation to help this area rebuild, you can do it here: http://www.uwbroome.org/ 

-Becky
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!