Top Social

School's Out!

6/21/2013
Today was my offical last day!  The kids left before lunch on Wednesday and the rest of the week was spent moving into my new room.  Moving cabinets, desks, bookshelves, and all our materials downstairs was exhausting!  If the pool was warm enough, that's where I'd be right now but our weather has been oddly cold this year so instead, I'm thinking of ideas for next year.  

Teaching 3 full curriculums (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) is a lot to take on but I'm excited to find creative ways to do it!  I was thinking about my centers when I saw this post tonight at Primary Possibilities.  Those ladies created amazing playdough centers!  My students LOVE playdough.  It's good for their fine motor skills and it's great for kids with sensory issues (I will have 6 students with autism next year and they all have sensory needs).   Playdough centers seem like a great way to work on a lot of skills while keeping kids interested.  Take a look at some of these centers: 

Short Vowels:

Word problems:

Time:

Place Value:

I can't wait to use these next year! Head over to Primary Possibilities to check them out & enter their giveaway :) 
Happy first day of Summer!!
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!