Top Social

Dates

1/23/2011
Just a quick piece of advice, at the beginning of the year find out when the marking periods end (aka when progress notes are due) and see if you can find out when annual reviews take place.  Make sure you plan enough time before these dates to assess students progress again.  I like to have the most up-to-date information for progress notes otherwise I feel like I'm forgetting something.  My marking period ends Friday.  I started doing running records on students last week and will continue to do that through this week.  My students will add to a writing assignment for me as well.  I like to know that what I'm telling parents is relevant and current.  Make sure you section off enough time to complete these assessments.  My running records (reading a to z) take 30 minutes each for the upper grades.  That means I can only do 1 each day for a group.  If I have 5 students and I need to do 2 running records each to find their reading level- that's 10 days!  Some groups I only have every other day so that 20 days! Planning enough time will make you less stressed. 
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon!
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!