Top Social

Back to School Organization {Step 1}

8/27/2016
I know many of you are already back to school (sorry) but I'm going to share step by step how I get my paperwork ready for school as a special educator.  Each day I'll post a new step to help you get organized! 

The very first thing you should do is become familiar with your ieps! Every summer, I print the ieps and make each child an "at a glance" sheet as I read them.  I give classroom teachers this sheet as well (but it is not a substitute for reading the iep...make sure they know they also need to read the full iep!)
This is what my "at a glace" sheet looks like.  It has the basic information that I need to know quickly.  The top has the child's birthday, classification, grade, next evaluation date.  Next, I check off what services they recieve.  Then I add their goals and testing accommodations.  
In the important notes section, I write things like if they have daily communication between home and school, if they have a medical issue, a family situation staff needs to be aware of...big things!
Finally, at the bottom I add a little box for the parents names & contact info.

This sheet is available in my teacher binder kit or you can make your own:
Teacher Binders with Colorful Dots

I highly reccommend typing this information into the sheet and saving everyones.  This will help you save a lot of time for step two in getting organized! 
3 comments on "Back to School Organization {Step 1}"
  1. That is a great sheet! I am lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) because my school uses a system where all IEPs are kept online, including IEPs at a glance. All I have to do is print out the IEPs at a glance and deliver them. But I like yours better, so I wish I could use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that! This took me so long...the grass is always greener on the other side haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!