Top Social

Teaching Smart

7/06/2012
I'm linking up with Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten to talk about Teaching Smart.
Smart Teaching
(Click the picture to join in!)

Here are my top 3 tips for teaching smart:

1. Use your summer!  As a new-ish teacher and a teacher switching positions, I know that if I don't spend a decent amount of time prepping and planning this summer, I will be totally overwhelmed in September.  There are going to be a lot of unexpected issues that come up next year so anything I can do this summer, the better!  Please also remember to take some time for yourself!

2.  Get Organized...you can not be too organized!  Organize your supplies, label everything, and create a system for all the paper you will deal with.  I am in the process of making my teacher binder, plan book, and communication books.  I will post about those in the next few weeks.
1.5" Greenroom Recycled Binder - Floral
Love these binders from Target!

3.  Don't do it all yourself.  There are thousands of teacher bloggers who are making and sharing super cute units and centers.  On my to-do list for this summer was to make a math calendar/morning routine for our morning meeting.  Kathleen from Growing Kinders just finished an adorable math calendar system.  She included editable pages so I can adjust the calendar to meet the needs of my students.  I bought it and now I can just print it out and focus on another part of my to-do list!
Slide1

I hope you found those helpful!  Don't forget to link up!


4 comments on "Teaching Smart"
  1. Those binders are so pretty! I can't wait to hear more aboutyour binders/organization.

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated you for two awards. Stop by my blog and pick them up.

    http://wildandfuninprek.blogspot.com/
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tips! I need to start using my summer more wisely. Thanks for the reminder! :) I have been doing fun teacher things, but I really need to start doing some serious unit planning!

    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and giving me encouragement on my failed giveaway!! You are so kind. Thank you also for telling me that you like the span of age ranges for differentiating-it's great to get feedback. Thanks again!! Hope your summer is going well : )

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!