Top Social

Monday Made It

7/23/2012
I'm linking up with Tara again for Monday Made It!  I am so glad she is doing this linky party because it pushes me to get at least 1 project done a week.  
This week has been busy...last weekend I was on Long Island, this weekend I was in New Hampshire...I haven't had a ton of time to work on projects.  Anyways, this week I made mail boxes.  I already had these half done when I thought I could just do file folders so for this year at lease we will use mail boxes.  
Front view

Side View
Top View 

I used Priority Mail Boxes and taped them together.  Then I hot glued fabric around them and added ribbon to cover the cut edges.  

I also made Writing Leads posters for fiction writing.  I've wanted to do this for a while and just never got around to it.  I think they came out cute: 
There are 8 different leads (each one is one page).  They have a short description of the lead and an example of that type taken from a children's book.  If you are interested in this, you can get it at my Teachers Notebook Store


I stopped at Michael's Today and grabbed these cute name plates (I know I'm not doing an owl theme this year but these were too cute to not buy). 

I also bought this cute alphabet puzzle...

...and these sentence strip dry erase boards...

Now I'm off to spend some time looking at everything you guys made this week!  


7 comments on "Monday Made It"
  1. Your mailboxes came out adorable!!...and those owl name tags are just too cute! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the mailboxes! I'm notorious for buying things just because they are too cute to pass up, even if they have nothing to do with my theme or my needs! I definitely would have bought those owl name plates as well! =)

    Ashley
    I'm having a giveaway!
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I figured I will eventually do an owl theme so I should buy the nameplates now haha...I don't even have nameplates done for this year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Michael's had teacher type stuff. You did a great job on the mailboxes!


    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky! Thanks for stopping by my blog (and thanks for pinning my journal printables!)......love your mailboxes!!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize Michael's had teacher stuff,either! CUTE name plates. Your mailboxes look GREAT; what a great idea with the fabric.

    I nominated you for some bloggy awards, so feel free to stop by my blog to pick them up! :)

    -gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!