Marcia from Learning in Bliss tagged me! She just did a really cool wax museum project with her kids - you should check it out! Here are her questions for me:1. What is your favorite holiday project for your classroom? *I forgot to answer this one before posting - oops! Honestly, I don't have a favorite holiday project...it seems like everyday I see more ideas on Pinterest that I LOVE. I don't think I could choose just one!
2. Which do you prefer reading/writing or math/science? I love teaching reading & writing. I'm starting to really like teaching math too. I've never taught science.
3. What is your favorite piece of technology for your classroom? I love my document camera!
4. What was the last thing that happened in class that made you cry? I am a resource room teacher (as you probably know) so I get some kids for multiple years. One of my students tried for a YEAR to consistently subtract with regrouping and he just wasn't getting it. This year, something clicked and he could do it! I cried because I was so excited haha
5. Who is your favorite children's author? Mo Willems
6. What is last song you listened to on your iPod or radio?
7. If you could go any where on a trip, where would you go? If I were going to go on a road trip right now I'd go to Boston. I'd like to go to England sometime.
8. Which do you prefer winter or summer? Fall is my favorite season...between winter and summer, I have to go with summer because I love swimming.
9. What is your most memorable teaching experience? Recently, I was working with a group of five 5th grade boys. It was the perfect session (why can't my observations go so well??). The boys were talking about setting a purpose for reading, activating their schema, and making connections while we read a book together. They were using everything I had taught them...it was amazing to see everything come together for all of them.
10. Why did you decide to start your blog? I initially started my blog to document my own teaching experiences for myself. Last summer, I found all of these amazing teaching blogs and decided to start writing for others. There is very little out there for resource room teachers so I hope that I have helped someone through this blog!
On a side note, I have a student who is having trouble learning sight words. He loves monsters and Where the Wild Things Are so I made 600 sight word flashcards with wild things graphics. They are adorable and available in my Teachers Notebook store!