Today was one of the first snowy days we have had this winter! I don't have any other pictures for this post so I figured a nice snowy day picture would be a good addition.
I really wanted to skip this post. I want to snap my fingers and be organized...that would be nice, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, I don't think that is a realistic plan so here is a more realistic one:
- Create permanent sub plans
- Create a schedule for when I write plans and do them a week ahead
- Re-organize my assessment binders
- Set up my special ed binder with all the forms I need each year
- Buy and keep items on hand to help me keep up with the paper piles (file folders, folders, binders)
- Clean up the My Documents folder on my computer and back everything up onto an external hard drive
- Clean out my filing cabinet...I am getting rid of
- Items that are no longer relevant to my curriculum
- Old student work
My organization issues do not come from having an abundance of stuff in my room. I am still a fairly new teacher and I was not given any materials from other teachers when I was hired so everything in my room, I bought. My rooms are pretty empty honestly so I'm not doing a lot of purging. I need to create systems for myself to help me keep up with all of my paperwork. This plan isn't done but it's a start! I look forward to reading what everyone else is doing!
On an unrelated note, I am looking for some cute math/literacy units for students at a second/third grade level. Everything I'm finding is at a 1st grade level so if you have anything or there are any Teachers notebook or TPT stores you like, let me know! Also, I am posting a sight word freebie tomorrow so stay tuned!
Don't forget to link up with Clutter Free Classroom with your de-cluttering/organizing plan !