Top Social

Phonics Comics

10/22/2011
I recently found a series of comic books called Phonics Comics.  The books are grouped into 3 levels - 1, 2 and 3.  They are also Fountas and Pinnell leveled.  I ordered 16 books from Amazon (I think I got a little carried away).  The level 1 books I ordered are level F and G.  My level 2 books range from H to J and the level 3 books range from K to M.  Each book has 3 stories in it.  The books are designed to give students phonics and sight word practice.  There is a list of non-decodable or challenging words in the back of each book as well as a list of sight words used in the book.  You can learn more about these books here


 Level 3 Books
 Level 2 Books
 Level 1 Books
 Sorry for the sideways pictures - A picture of the inside of a level 1 book
Story words and Sight words page in a level 1 book

I can't wait to use these in my classroom.  My students who are reading at an F in 3rd grade really need books that don't look like "baby books".  

-Becky
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!