Top Social

Literature Circles

10/07/2011
As of right now, I have 35 students!  I have a group of fifth grade boys who need to work on comprehension so I immediately thought of doing literature circles.  I had no packets that were appropriate for them so I decided to make my own.  My rules and behavior chart are in a space theme so I made the packet in a space theme as well.


I chose roles that require students to write summaries, make predictions, infer character traits, determine important ideas, and ask open-ended questions.  The packet includes question starters to help students with questions and a list of character traits, two versions of the cover page, and role descriptions.  I have added the packet to my Teachers Notebook store.  If you want a literature circle in a different theme, please let me know and I'll do my best to make one!  

Enjoy your Friday night, 
Becky

PS - I'm working on a literature circle scoring rubric this weekend.
1 comment on "Literature Circles"
  1. I really love this!! I am working on finding some ideas for lit circles and this is great.....thanks this helps a new teacher our a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!