Top Social

Organizing Student Files

8/01/2013
Are you looking for an easy way to stop paper from piling up?  I am always looking for easy ways to get and STAY organized.  It's the staying part that is truly difficult.  It is one thing to get everything in order during the summer months while there are no children running around and nobody is adding to your paper piles but when school starts it all falls apart!  

All students come with paper work but special ed students come with more which is why I'm starting my organization with student files.  I've used this system for 2 years and it works! It is cheap, fast, easy, and managable.  Are you curious yet?

Here it is:

Yup, it's just a file crate.  The first thing you need to do is decide what files you need for each student.  This really depends on your population.  Below, I have listed what I keep in each of my files as well as what additional files you may want.
Obviously, if you are not a special ed teacher, you won't need the iep goal folder (but you should have the iep on hand).  Here is what the inside of my crate looks like:
Some of the folders are bent a little because I've used them for a few years.  I didn't label the iep goal folder yet (it's the new addition this year).  I numbered the folders so I could use them year after year. I MIGHT add a parent communication folder but I'm not sure yet.  

You can grab the cute student files sign in my Fan Freebies tab on facebook!
1 comment on "Organizing Student Files"
  1. That's really a good idea, Becky. Making a box for your files can make it easy for you to keep things organized. And I think you should make another one for some so that it won't shake up with the other files or documents.

    #Ruby@WilliamsDataManagement.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!