Top Social

A Peek at my Week

3/03/2012
I love looking at all the activities people are doing in their rooms each week so I thought why not share my week!  I'll try to take better pictures next week.  So here is what we did this week: 

My 2nd and 3rd grade math students made Fact Family Rockets: 
2nd graders made addition and subtraction fact families and the 3rd graders made multiplication and division fact families.  These aren't quite finished...I laminated the rockets and we are using them as "I'm Done" activities.  The kids LOVE using these. 

 My 4th grade math groups worked on problem solving.  I had a problem solving bulletin board but I wanted to change it up so I moved the problem solving sheets to the wall below the board.  Some of my walls are magnetic so I just put a magnet on each one.  
The groups work together through each step in the problem solving process on these sheets.  When they are done, I check their work.  

This week, my ELA students worked on using their reading strategies while reading in their Reader's Notebooks.  
                     
 My 3rd graders also learned how to write a summary using the Somebody, wanted, but, so, then organizer

We also used the error detection strategy I posted on Sunday.  
I had the students come up and put a post-it with the correct word over the incorrect word.  They asked me if we could do these every week...isn't it great when they WANT to learn?! 

Reader's Notebooks, problem solving posters, and the summarizing organizer can be found at my Teachers Notebook Store.  The rocket template came from Made in the Shade in 2nd Grade.
3 comments on "A Peek at my Week"
  1. Wow! Busy week! Aren't magnetic walls fabulous? All my walls are magnetic, and it comes in so handy when I'm completely out of bulletin board / blackboard space ... which is most of the time. ;)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky:
    WOW! Magnetic walls. That is so cool. I've never heard of that. I'm feeling lucky that my white boards are magnetic.

    Looks like there's lots of great stuff going on in your classroom. How fun!

    I really love that Stop and Jot page...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!