Top Social

New Job?

3/13/2012
spring 
It was 70 degrees out today <3 spring!

Every year around this time, I start thinking about next year.  It becomes really easy for me to plan ahead right now because I do test prep until spring break, the tests are the day after we come back from break (for 2 weeks), and then I am out scoring the tests for another 2 weeks.  By the time I come back, it's the first week of May and everyone has basically finished teaching new concepts so I review what we did this year.  I already made review packets for about half of my groups.  This gives me a lot of time to reflect on this year and start planning for next year.  
I'm extra excited about next year right now because my district has some Special Ed openings in self-contained rooms and I applied for one of them (2nd and 3rd grade 12:1:1).  As far as I know, nobody else wants the position.  I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because I am a new-ish teacher still but it's really hard not to!  An added bonus to this position is that it will be in my current classroom so if I get it, I won't have to move!  

On a completely different note, Ms. D. from Superlative Six gave me not 1 but 2 blog awards!  A HUGE thank you to Ms. D - you made my week!  If you haven't already, you should go check out her blog.  She just posted an awesome idea for getting students to participate during literature circles.  
     

I'm passing these awards on to a few amazing bloggers: 
My Photo
Third Grade Rock Star
Mandy's Tips for Teachers 
Check them out if you haven't already!  

4 comments on "New Job?"
  1. I saw that you are new to blogging and I just love your blog name!
    I joined your blog and would love for you to check out mine :)
    Erin
    FanaticaboutFirst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job you applied for! I hope next year works out in the best possible way for you.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! :-) Two awards for a terrific teacher! Plus, I have to show some love to NY teachers...I feel like we're the only two I know of in Blog Land. Best of luck on the new positions! yayy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!