Top Social

I've been tagged!

2/02/2012

Thank you to Kara at Sped-ventures for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award!!



I've been tagged by Kim at Joy in 6th AND Ms. D at The Superlative Six AND Haley at Following Optimism!
 Superlative Six 


Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
 



My 12 Random Facts:
1. I ALWAYS play rain sounds at night to help me sleep.
2. I had not one but 2 grad classes last night and I'm really wondering why I am doing this to myself.
3. I drive a honda civic.
4.  I could live on Mexican food.
5. I lived in southern California until right before 9th grade (probably why I love Mexican food so much).
6. Everytime I fly I pack Mint Milano cookies...I only eat them while traveling.
7. I currently have a cold (I said these would be random facts).
8. I'm finishing this post during my prep time.
9. If it's above 55 degrees outside, I wear flip flops <3
10. I love Coach bags...I can't stop buying them.
11.  My favorite new show is New Girl.
12.   http://heygirlteacher.tumblr.com/  is a hilarious website you should check out if you haven't already.

Here Are My Questions from Joy
1.  What is your favorite Starbucks beverage (in case I'm in your neighborhood and I'm bringing you a treat!)? 
Iced Venti Nonfat White Mocha :)

2.  Book, Nook, Kindle, iPad, book on CD, other?  What is your favorite way to enjoy a new book? 
Books on CD.  I like listening to stories while I drive.
3.  If you weren't a teacher, what career would be your second choice?  
I would like to be an interior decorator, however, I don't know if I would be good at it. 
4.  What is the first subject you plan for when you start your lesson plans for the upcoming day?
I don't have an order for planning.  I just do whatever comes to me first.

5.  If you have traveled, what is your favorite country to visit?  If you haven't had the opportunity (or if you have!) what country would you most like to visit?
I really want to go to England.
6.  Have you been a principal?  Would you ever want to be?
Nope...I really don't want that pressure (not that I don't have enough already).  
7.  What dessert would you choose in a fancy restaurant?
Cheesecake...it's one of my favorite foods.  
8.  What's the most adventurous/daring/exciting thing you have ever done (that you can blog about!)?
Most of the time, I'm a pretty boring person.  There are a few things I've done that were "adventurous" but I can't blog about them :)
9.  If you slept in "late" one morning, what time would it be?
Noon...I LOVE sleeping.

10.  Do you still read magazines?  What's your favorite?
I read celebrity gossip magazines...I don't really have a favorite one.

11.  Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? 
Sunsets, I am not a morning person!

12.  What brings you JOY?
My kittens Ally & Waffles


Ms. D's 12 Questions in "Favorite..." format:
1.) Place to be?
At home in my PJ's....I'm live a really exciting life haha

2.) Memory teaching?
A student who worked for an entire year on subtracting with regrouping finally got it! I cried I was so excited!

3.) Animal?
Big Cats (tigers, lions)
4.)Time of the school day?
8:20...before the students arrive and everything is quiet.

5.) Breakfast food?
Breakfast Pizza...I know it's not available everywhere but if you have a chance to try it - you should!
6.) Way to de-stress?
Massage
7.) Place to Blog?
The couch
8.) State?
I've lived in CA and NY and I honestly couldn't choose between them.  
9.) School supply?
Notebooks
10.) Dessert?
Cheesecake
11.) Color?
Pink

12.) Item in your home?
My laptop


My Questions from Haley:

1.  What is your favorite place to eat?
Coralles in California...I miss it!
2.  What is your favorite accessory?
My Tiffany's bracelet
3.  What is your favorite game to play?
Apples to Apples
4.  When you aren't blog stalking, how do you spend your time?
Doing school work or watching tv shows on Netflix...boring I know!
5.  Do you pack your lunch, or do cafeteria food?
A mix
6.  Do you prefer a paper book, or a Nook/Kindle?
paper books
7.  How long do your morning announcements last?
About 3 minutes
8.  If you could have any car, what would you have?
An Audi Q5
9.  Do you have more boys or girls in your class?
Boys
10.  Biggest indulgence?
Not sure..
11.  Are you a cat or dog person?
Both
12.  Any big plans for "our summer off?"
No :(


I'm not going to pass this on because I am ridiculously busy right now (Sorry!).  Tonight I need to finish my 40 progress notes and 10 IEPs that I have been working on the last week or so.  In the next few weeks, I'll be working on my 2 grad classes, tenure paperwork, tenure portfolio, and more IEPs.  


A HUGE thanks again to Kara, Kim, Haley & Ms. D!  
8 comments on "I've been tagged!"
  1. That was so SWEET of you to play along!
    Add another point for CHEESECAKE!

    It's almost the weekend!
    wOOhOO!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to tag others! The last few weeks have been very stressful...TGI(almost)F!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also drive a Civic and love the show New Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky!
    I teach outside of the Schenectady area (by Albany)...you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach in the Binghamton area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! That is so exciting to meet another NY teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!