Top Social

April Currently!

4/01/2014
I'm linking up with Farley for her April Currently!

Listening...I am never home alone and if I am, the tv is on or someone is calling me.  For the first time in a long time, I'm alone and it's quiet :) 

Loving...the idea of adding a sand/water table to my room!  I was going to write a grant for one but a co-worker has one that she doesn't use so she is *probably* going to give it to me.  Obviously, I am now pinning a billion ideas for sensory play :)

Thinking...about our field trip!  Many of my kids are from low income families and they don't get opportunities to go to different places in the community.  There is an amazing science center about an hour away and my principal gave me the green light to take them there!  I can't wait to see them running around and exploring!!

Wanting...state tests to be over...I'm sure you feel me on this one!  Today was the first day of our ELA test (how appropriate..April fools day).  We have 2 more days of ELA and then 3 days of math at the end of the month.  The tests are MUCH harder this year with the common core :( 

Needing...spring break.  Seriously guys, 2 more weeks!  That is so.far.away!  Going from January to mid April with no real breaks is just a little too long!

Hours...I have to be at school by 8:30.  My kids get there around 8:40.  I have to stay until 3:40 (usually I'm there until 4:30 at least).  The kids leave at 3:20ish.

Now I'm off to read all of your currentlys :) 

4 comments on "April Currently!"
  1. Have fun on your field trip! My kiddos love the sand and water table. I am sure your kids will love it too! There are endless possibilities.
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Field trips are so much fun-well at least the ones I've been able to enjoy....but the Science center sounds like super fun!!
    -Lovely Nina
    Lovely Nina Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. same schedule here! Two weeks for spring break? Wow! I'm not going to make it the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to start getting warmer for you where you are so get that sand/water table! I'm in Florida and we used it the week before Spring Break. Love it! ;)

    Amanda
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!