Top Social

Behavior Management Tip

3/14/2013
Do your students start acting up around this time of year?  The kids at my school definitely are!  Maybe it's all those indoor recess days along with 3 months of school with no breaks.  One day last week, my students came into the room bouncing off the walls so before we started morning work I told them that I would pick someone who clipped up that day to choose a prize before dismissal.  Suddenly all most of the kids were focused on doing everything they could to get clipped up.  It worked so well that I decided to do that every day.  They really needed a more immediate reward for good behavior.   The kids are better behaved and I'm actually giving out less prizes because only 1 person a day gets a prize instead of most of the class getting 1 a week.  Now I don't have to remember to give them a sticker or stamp every day and there is never a line at the prize box on Friday. 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!