Top Social

Guided Reading Plans

11/27/2012
I am not a fan of writing lesson plans.  I love teaching and thinking of ideas but actually writing plans down is not something I do well.  I keep changing my plan format because I need something easy to fill in but comprehensive.  I decided to search in my new favorite search engine {pinterest} and found this format:
Guided Reading - go to TN store for levels L-V and cool schedule cards
(Click the picture to be taken to the product)
I like it for a lot of reasons.  First, it is so easy for a sub to follow which is important! Second, it is pretty much a checklist so it's easy to fill in but I have room to write in discussion questions, vocab words, and my own teaching points.  I will also add an assessment and objective to the plan.  Third, the format follows the guided reading routine that I use in my room which is nice :) Finally, I needed a plan format that isn't super "cookie cutter" like many checklist formats.  This one changes for each reading level (I'm assuming she used Fountas and Pinnell's contiuum of literacy to make this) so it is customized for each students level.  
The pack also includes a sheet for observing behaviors at each level so it's easy to track progress.
I bought the A-N pack for $5 and am very happy but in my search, I also pinned a bunch of plan formats so head over to my pinterest boards to check them out if you're interested!  
2 comments on "Guided Reading Plans"
  1. Very cool! I love the format and can definitely modify it for my plans. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea who the author is? I’d like to track this down since TN is no longer a thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!