Top Social

Amazing Day!

10/19/2011
Sorry for the lack of updates lately.  Life has been crazy to say the least.  Today was such a great day though that I had to share.  I finally got some of my assessments done...I made a few pocket games...Two of my students who really struggle with reading moved up a reading level today! And one student had a MAJOR light bulb moment.  After over a year, yes a YEAR, of working on subtraction with regrouping, he got it!  I've never been so happy for a student in my life! This little boy has autism and he really didn't understand my excitement.  His response to me was (in a matter of fact tone) "Well, you taught me how to do it."

It's 11:40 so this is going to be a short post but it was such a good day, I had to share.  I know I promised a literature circles rubric and possibly a mini-unit on Bunnicula and they are coming, I promise.  Grad school and work have been wearing me down so I'm a little...okay a lot behind!  Hopefully after this week I can post more regularly.

-Becky
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!